I’m Lizzie, and I’m your friendly neighborhood public servant. I am running for Maine State Senate District 12 in 2022. Yes, that is a while from now and campaigns don’t typically start this early, but it’s the time of COVID-19 and I need to hear from everybody, which will take time.
Senate District 12 includes the towns of Appleton, Camden, Criehaven Twp., Cushing, Friendship, Hope, Isle au Haut, Matinicus Isle Plantation, Muscle Ridge Islands Township, North Haven, Owl’s Head, Rockland, Rockport, South Thomaston, St. George, Thomaston, Union, Vinalhaven, and Warren.
I would like to hear from you about your experiences! I’ve created a form to gather your input on some issues I’m working on- if you’ve got other issues I don’t know about, please let me know by selecting the “other” category once you get to the form. I really look forward to hearing from everyone and look forward to the campaign to help make our state a place where sustainability, community, and basic humanity are no longer something we have to wonder whether we will ever get back to. Let’s just get this done! Peace, Lizzie
Go to the form by clicking here: http://lizziedickerson.com/issues/
- Ending the two party gridlock and coming together as a nation of many views
- Aging in Place/Senior Issues
- Foster and adoptive parenting licensing and regulation issues
- Mental Health treatment issues
- Lack of availability of dentists who accept Mainecare for children, no Mainecare dental coverage for adults
- Tax capture system to take a portion of sales tax from diapering and menstrual products and invest those monies into a fund to provide diapers and menstrual products using the cash debit card through DHHS
- Food security through support of local food sovereignty ordinances and increased neighborhood farming and food production
- Court fees system- this topic of study is in its preliminary stages, but if you are poor and cannot afford to pay a court fee and face further incarceration or penalties as a result, please let me know
- Converting Maine’s mills to use industrial hemp for paper production to bring our manufacturing jobs back, increase farming jobs, and protect the environment
- Childcare when you need it, where you need it, at an affordable rate and educationally sound and appropriate to a child’s development, including disabled children or those children with an IEP
- Domestic Violence/law enforcement/court system/societal response
I have spent most of my life here engaged in various activities from raising children, being a computer technician in the public schools, being a special education ed tech, teaching high school business and computer science classes, teaching Pilates, farming, being a singer songwriter, and delivering newspapers. I served as a Rockland City Councilor for six years, on the Knox County Budget Committee, and in the Maine State Legislature. The main theme of my life is trying to make the world a little bit of a better place. I have an MBA from Adams State University in Alamosa, Colorado, a bachelor’s in music from the University of Massachusetts, and an associate’s in computer science. I have been a special education educational technician, and a high school business and computer science teacher. I currently work as a town clerk. I and live on a farm with my youngest son and a barnful of critters, I have two other children who are grown, and one amazing grandson. I look forward to getting to know you, and here’s to the journey!